Ugh, I got into lab today and discovered the following:

  1. My yeast transformations performed last Wednesday appear to have yielded no transformant colonies at all.
  2. The majority of the transformants for our last set of transformations may in fact be contaminants. 
  3. My lab PI may not be in the office this week.
I'm becoming quite irritated with the research I'm trying to accomplish in this lab. These should be incredibly basic protocols but we're having little to no success at all with them. I'm almost completely out of variables to test and few of the options I've tested before have expanded our understanding of what is preventing our yest from transforming. All I know is that some of the plasmid stocks we already have are, in fact, incorrectly labeled. All this together is just impeding any process I could be making on an actual project.